Bodum 1208-01 SANTOS Stovetop 8 Cup Vacuum Coffee Maker, 1 L.
No other coffee maker has fascinated passionate coffee drinkers like the Santos. In the mid-50's Peter Bodum imported a French "vacuum" coffee maker and sold it for a couple of years on the Danish market. He became convinced that the "vacuum coffee brewing system" was the best way to brew a good cup of coffee.
With this in mind he set out to develop the first Bodum vacuum coffee maker in cooperation with one of Denmark's first product designers, the architect Kaas Klaeson. Their slogan, "design should not be expensive," is one that Bodum still stands for!
In creating a coffee maker to use on the stovetop as well as on a spirit burner at the table, they bridged the gap between everyday use and special events. His new, revolutionary nylon filter achieved a break-through in coffee brewing quality, far overshadowing the existing cotton and glass filters on the market. This patented filter strained coffee to a fine, tasteful and still aromatic coffee with nearly no sediments left over in the cup - a feat no coffee filter of the time was capable of.
With its patented "valve sealing" a preventing too high of a vacuum to be formed, Santos became the coffee maker of the 50's, 60's, and a good part of the 70's. Its popularity grew to the point you could find a Santos in nearly every Scandinavian home.
When the brewing process is finished, the funnel is removed, and a hot and excellent coffee is ready to drink. Aromatic and delightfully served!
Follow the visual wonder of water rising into the funnel and its mysterious return as black coffee into the serving jug. A unique physical process with the ideal balance between the 94°C, 201 F water and just the right brewing time, extracting the finest aroma from all types of coffee.
- 8-cup (32 oz.) capacity
- Unique and revolutionary vacuum design
- Patented nylon filter strains coffee to a fine, tasteful and aromatic brew with nearly no sediments left over in the cup
- Patented "valve sealing" prevents too high of a vacuum from forming
- Can be used on stove or spirit burner
Bodum 1208-01 SANTOS Stovetop 8 Cup Vacuum Coffee Maker, 1 L. Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 1 reviews)|
|Comments:||My Daughter purchased this for me as a Christmas present for our Cabin in Big Bear. I absolutely love it. It is the best coffee ever had and easy to use on the stove.|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Pour the desired amount of water into the bottom glass jug.
- Then place the jug either on an electric, gas or methylated spirits stove. The glass jug may be wet on the outside. For gas stoves we recommend that you use a heat diffuser.
- Now insert the filter in the funnel.
- There is a small chain on the filter with a hook. Pull the chain gently and secure the hook to the edge of the tube.
- Place the ground coffee in the glass funnel. Use one scoop of coffee for each cup of coffee desired. Any grind of coffee can be used.
- Now place the glass funnel on the jug and bring the water to a boil.
- The water in the jug will now rise into the funnel and mix with the ground coffee. Around 2 cm of water will remain in the glass jug at the bottom. (If no water remains in the jug, it must be removed from the heat immediately since there is a risk that it will crack from the heat).
- Now take the coffee maker off the heat and place it on a surface which is neither cold nor wet. The coffee is now "brewed", the coffee should now pass into the lower jug. Should it cease to fall into the jug simply replace onto the heat and bring to the boil again.
- As soon as the coffee has run out of the glass funnel into the jug, remove the funnel. The coffee is now ready to drink. Clean the funnel by removing the coffee grounds, releasing the filter hook from the glass tube and rinsing both thoroughly with hot water. You may wash thoroughly with a mild soapy water, using care not to bump or damage the glass funnel.
Sale Price: $149.99
Sale Price: $179.99