Aerobie AeroPress Coffee & Espresso Maker
- Water and grounds are mixed together for ten seconds.
- Then gentle air pressure pushes the mix through a micro-filter in 20 seconds.
- The total brewing time of only 30 seconds results in exceptionally smooth flavor.
Unlike drip coffee makers, the AeroPress is capable of brewing rich, robust coffee in a short period of time. In a drip coffee maker, the grounds at the edge of the bed are under-extracted, while the grounds in the center become over-extracted, leading to bitterness in the brew. The Aeropress totally immerses coffee grounds in water, ensuring all the grounds come in contact with the same water temperature. This results in an even extraction and a short brewing time for a smooth, rich coffee without the bitterness found in drip coffee.
The AeroPress also makes espresso comparable or even better in taste to high-end European espresso machines. The total immersion brewing of the AeroPress uses water at a lower temperature (165°F to 175°F) than a typical espresso machine, yielding a full, robust flavor that is far less bitter.
While the French press also uses total immersion and pressure to brew coffee, the AeroPress improves on the concept. The AeroPress brews with finer ground coffee than that used in a French press thanks to its paper micro-filter. This means a shorter brewing process to extract a full flavor and none of the bitterness of a long steeping time. The micro-filter prevents small particles from passing through, so there's no bitter flavor or grittiness. The disposable filter also makes cleaning up easy.STANDARD FEATURES
- Makes 1 to 4 Cups (1 or 2 Mugs) of Coffee or Espresso
- Durable, Heat-Resistant Polycarbonate Construction
- Easy to Clean and Use
- Plunger and Chamber are Marked with Number of Servings
- Plunger Can Be Used to Heat Water in a Microwave
- Funnel for Grounds
- Stirrer with Specially Designed Handle to Prevent Tearing Filter
- Includes Scoop Sized to Optimize Flavor
- Comes with Year's Supply of Micro-Filters (350 Filters)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Cup Not Included
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee & Espresso Maker Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 2 reviews)|
|super smooth coffee!|
|by:||heartland tom (11-23-2012)|
Mt. Vernon, OH
|Comments:||Makes a really robust and smooth cup of coffee in no time! Buying 3 for presents.|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
|Comments:||I love my Aeropress! My sister got it for me for my birthday last year and it comes in so handy. I love that you can make one cup right into your mug. The consistency is great. It's easy to clean because of the paper filter. I've actually bought three of them for friends because they liked mine so much, so I figured i would write a review while I was at it! I highly reccommend it.|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.
REASONS WHY AEROPRESS COFFEE TASTES SO GOOD
Tasters ranging from professional cuppers to home coffee lovers all praise the smooth, rich flavor of AeroPress brewed coffee. Kenneth Davids, editor of Coffee Review and author of Coffee: A Guide to Buying, Brewing and Enjoying, wrote,
"When used properly, AeroPress produces a remarkably good straight espresso and an excellent Americano-style taller cup. In fact, it produces a better espresso shot than many home machines that cost twenty or thirty times as much."
Vogue food editor Jeffrey Steingarten noted, "I was able to taste qualities that I had mainly read about before, particularly on the floral, fruity, and sweet end of the spectrum."
Using the ideal water temperature, gentle air pressure brewing and micro-filtering, the AeroPress Coffee & Espresso Maker yields the smoothest, richest, purest and fastest coffee brew ever.
- Total immersion of the grounds in the water results in rapid yet robust extraction of flavor.
- Total immersion permits extraction at a moderate temperature, resulting in a smoother brew.
- Air pressure shortens filtering time to 20 seconds. This avoids the bitterness of long processes such as drip brewing.
- The air pressure also gently squeezes the last goodness from the grounds, further enriching the flavor.
- Because of the lower temperature (165°F to 175°F) and short brew time, the acid level of the brew is much lower than conventional brewers. Laboratory pH testing measured AeroPress brew's acid as less than one fifth that of regular drip brew. The low acid is confirmed by coffee lovers who report that AeroPress brew is friendlier to their stomachs.
AeroPress is the result of several years of applied research by inventor/engineer Alan Adler. He conducted numerous brewing experiments, measuring the brew with laboratory instruments. The experiments demonstrated that proper temperature, total immersion and rapid filtering were key to flavor excellence. He then designed and tested dozens of brewers before settling on the AeroPress design. The design was further validated by coffee lovers who tested prototypes in their homes. Adler has about forty U.S. patents and an equal number of foreign patents. He is President of Aerobie, Inc, Palo Alto, California and a lecturer in mechanical engineering at Stanford University. Adler's best-known invention is the Aerobie flying ring which set the Guinness World record for the world's farthest throw (1,333 feet).
AeroPress is entirely manufactured in California, USA.
Sale Price: $52.99