Summit SBC490BITWIN Dual Faucet Built-in Kegerator - Black
Summit SBC490BI-2 Built-in Full-Size Kegerator / Holds 1/2-Barrel, 1/4-Barrel and Mini Kegs / Chrome Dual Faucet Tower / Removable Drip Tray / Auto Defrost / Adjustable Thermostat
The Summit SBC490BI-2 is a full-size kegerator with a dual faucet beer tower that allows you to pour two unique types of beer. It can accommodate two 1/6-barrel (5.23 gallons) or two home brew (5.0 gallons) kegs, or it can be set up to dispense from one 1/2-barrel or one 1/4-barrel keg. The kegerator can also be converted into an all-refrigerator with removable adjustable shelves. Features include a fan-cooled compressor, an adjustable thermostat, automatic defrost and front ventilation that allows for true built-in installation.
The SBC490BI-2 comes with a two faucet chrome-plated metal draft tower and a single gauge regulator with an air distributor setup for two kegs. You will need to specify your keg coupler setup. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions or refer to the graphic below.
The tower can be upgraded to polished stainless steel or tarnish-free PVD brass. In addition, you can easily customize your draft beer parts to dispense the type of beers you plan on pouring. Please call us if you have any questions about all your configuration options. We have set up the order process to ensure that you will not be missing any parts to properly dispense two kegs.
Important Note: Please note that the two faucet tower comes with a 3" column. The Summit comes standard with a 2-1/2" column. You will have to redrill the screw hole on the top of the unit to account for the larger tower diameter.
The kegerator includes a 5-lb. CO2 tank, CO2 regulator, and air and beer hoses to get you started. You will need to get the CO2 tank filled locally. You should look up gas suppliers in your local yellow pages to find a place to get the tank filled. A full CO2 tank should last about 5 to 6 kegs.
We are draft beer experts. All draft beer and custom home bar installation questions related to this kegerator are handled toll free (1-800-710-9939) by one of our friendly and experienced staff.
This kegerator can fit one Full Size or Pony Keg, up to two Quarter Slim Kegs, and up to three 5 gallon home brew kegs.
- Black Cabinet and Door
- Holds 1/2-Barrel / Full Size Kegs (15.5 gal), 1/4-Barrel / Pony Kegs (7.75 gal) and Mini Kegs
- 2-1/2" Chrome-Plated Metal Single Faucet Draft Beer Tower
- Removable Drip Tray
- Chrome Guard Rail
- Automatic Defrost
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Fan-Cooled Compressor
- Removable Shelves
- Stainless Steel Bottom Tray
- Converts to a Refrigerator
- Includes Gas Hose, Beer Tubing, Washers and Clamps
- 100% CFC Free
- Energy Efficient Design
- 3 Prong Plug
- UL Listed
|Unit Weight||135 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||150 lbs.|
|Compressor (Parts Only)||5 Years|
|Keg Storage Capacities|
|Full Size / 1/2-Barrel||Holds 1|
|Pony Size / 1/4-Barrel||Holds 1|
|1/4-Barrel Slim||Holds 1|
|5 gal. Ball/Pin Lock Keg||Holds 3|
|Draft Beer Tower|
|Number of Faucets||2|
|Color / Material||Black|
|Number of Doors||1|
|Accepts Custom Overlay Panel||No|
|Electrical Requirements||115 V, 60 Hz|
|Use & Care Guide|
|Dispense Kit Assembly Manual|
Summit SBC490BITWIN Dual Faucet Built-in Kegerator - Black Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 2 reviews)|
|Some good, some bad|
|by:||Peter B (08-14-2013)|
1. The price is low compared to other built ins.
2. It is fairly efficient, that is, it doesn't run a lot when it's full.
3. Looks nice when under a counter.
1. No external handle. Not a big deal, but when you build it in, the recess to get at the door is large.
2. The wheels are attached in a very flimsy way. Looks like the nuts for them are just slid into a track and loose, so the nuts bend and flex easily. If you buy it to put under a cabinet, I would suggest getting self leveling feet (1/4 20 threads) for it. This will make your life much easier than the feet they ship. This is because the feet will bend out of true very quickly, especially if you have to move it at all. If you use it on wheels, be careful.
3. The fan they use to solve the under counter problem is fairly loud. When built in, if against an insulated wall, then you don't notice it so much, but if you have it sitting on it's own somewhere, you're going to notice and care.
4. When I got it, a wire was not connected, and some of the insulating tape was loose and got into the fan, making a terrible noise. Easy fix, but still, build quality counts.
Overall, I'm pleased as it works as expected. This isn't the highest quality unit, but if you set it and forget it (other than putting beer in and taking beer out), then it should be just fine.
Just a note. I published a review of this yesterday, but they don't seem to have accepted it. If they do, then the unit was not defective, it was the tape making the noise.
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
|So far so good!|
|by:||Mike from Fairview (03-25-2010)|
|Comments:||I have the SBC490 in stainless steel, built in, dual tap. I just installed it a week ago and it looks fantastic. I am still working on finding the right temperature setting as it was fluctuating some. It would be a nice feature if you could set the temperature on the dial as opposed having to manually adjust it to keep the beer at the proper temperature. Not a big deal, just a little annoying.|
I have a tall pony and a 5 gallon in it currently. There is plenty of room to hold two tall pony (7.75 gallon) kegs. I had called summit directly to ask it it would hold them and they didn't want to commit that it would hold two tall pony's- kind of funny.
A CO2 bottle and regulator come with the kegerator, but in order to read the dial on the regulator it has to be placed off to the left side of the CO2 bottle. The problem is that the spot that holds the CO2 bottle inside is on the left, so the regulator has to be turned upside down so it will point out to the right. Not the end of the world, but wouldn't you think that would have been thought of in the design phase or ship a regulator that faces to the right?
All-in-all I am happy so far with the product but for the price I would expect more attention to detail. This is my first kegerator, so I have nothing to compare it to.
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.