Taprite T1661ST Single Product Secondary Co2 Regulator
This Taprite T1661ST Single Product Secondary Co2 Regulator is used when you are attempting to dispense two or more kegs off of the same Co2 tank. A secondary regulator will allow you to regulate the pressure of each keg individually.
- To protect dispensing systems each regulator has a built-in high volume external safety relief valve factory set to relieve at 55-65 PSIG.
- Taprite secondary regulators are designed to further reduce pressure from a primary regulator to a proper dispensing level.
- Internal relief valve opens if the delivery pressure exceeds set pressure by 15 PSIG. This serves as a warning that the seat or diaphragm may be worn and require replacing.
- Forged brass body for greater durability. Body has enough mass to serve as a heat sink to help prevent freeze up.
- Body parts are 1/4" NPT (F).
- Outlet fittings feature Taprite 1600 ball type shut-off. Fits 5/16" I.D. pressure hose. Inlet designed for 5/16" I.D. pressure tubing.
- All models have heavy duty stainless steel wall mounting brackets.
- Maximum delivery pressure: 50 PSIG
- Non-removable adjusting screw limits maximum delivery pressure to 50 PSIG
- Front loading seat assembly is easily replaceable in the field.
- All regulators are pressure tested for leaks and defects prior to delivery to assure in-field reliability.
- Available in multiple pressure and product models.
Taprite T1661ST Single Product Secondary Co2 Regulator Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 1 reviews)|
|Good so far.|
|by:||The BK (11-11-2014)|
Los Angeles, CA
|Comments:||Thought I'd give a few notes about this regulator to help others plan their systems.|
All four regulator holes on this guy are right-handed 1/4 FPT (National Pipe Thread Female). The hardware you see on it is all removable, and can be replaced with anything else that's 1/4 MPT (NPT Male).
However, whoever put this product together did a great job getting everything in real tight. You'll find it very difficult to remove the regulator plug, barb connector, gauge or valve outlet, but they will come out. Probably best to manufacture a creative attachment for a bench vise (one that's bolted down) so that you can get leverage on your 9/16 wrench without damaging the regulator. The worry is the plastic. It's very difficult to grip the body firmly enough without being in danger of breaking the plastic handle. (If I were to redesign this, I'd put something next to the holes on the regulator body for a wrench to grip.)
The back mounting plate of this regulator is misrepresented in the picture. It's not a square plate. This regulator body is identical to the 2-, 3- and 4-product regulator banks, and has the same diagonally-mounted metal clip that you see on the two ends of those. For me, this is a good thing because I'm able to get two regulators in a tighter space.
For some reason, the barb attachments are slightly different sizes. The inlet barb is 11/32, and the outlet barb is 3/8. When I received them this worried me because you can visually tell they are different, but it's only 1/32-inch difference. As long as you're clamping the gas line down you should have no problems on the smaller connector.
The plastic handle works great and has a locking feature that you don't get with a simple screw adjust. When pushed in, the handle is locked. To change the pressure, you pull the handle out, twist it, then push it back in. This requires some force, at least at first, so mount it to something sturdy. The locking mechanism is just some interlocking gear teeth, and there aren't very many of them, so if you're really trying to get a precise pressure you may find you can't push the handle in exactly where you wanted it to be. There's a locking position every 30 degrees though, so you should be able to get plenty accurate enough for any beer-serving purposes.
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.
Sale Price: $77.95
Sale Price: $76.95
Sale Price: $114.95
Sale Price: $174.95