Join the electric brewing revolution! From Blichmann Engineering comes the BoilCoil, a less than ultra-low density work of modern brewing technological art! The BoilCoil fits on the inside of a brew kettle and offers unparalleled heating performance for heating up your wort or brewing liquor quickly and efficiently! No more open flames to deal with, the BoilCoil makes electric brewing easy and can be used in either an indoor or outdoor brewing setup! This is an ideal product for your boil kettle and hot liquor tank, and is a great companion for your existing Blichmann BoilerMaker brew pot. The BoilCoil is not designed to be used with a false bottom as a mash tun!
The 10 gallon version was designed to fit perfectly inisde an existing Blichmann 10 Gallon BoilerMaker G1 and G2. Installs easily by drilling two small 5/8" holes into your brew pot, using the included handy drill template! Don't own a BoilerMaker, but still want to use the BoilCoil with another type of brew kettle? No problem! Blichmann also includes a "plug and play" 12 ft factory wired cable with a molded twist-lock plug on one end, and their custom removable plug on the other end. Hot, fast, and easy - just the way you like it.
- The BoilCoil is suitable for heating strike water in your mash tun but is NOT suitable for step mashing
- The grain impedes convective flow of the wort and scorching will result
- RIMS-Rocket is a great choice for step mashing since the grain is never in direct contact with your wort
Important Electrical Information:
- This 10 gallon 120v BoilCoil comes with a twist & lock L5-20 style plug that is designed to plug into a controllor or switch for use
- Blichmann offers their 120v electric control module, which is the perfect controller for this BoilCoil
- Using the temperature sensor that comes with their control module, you can adjust temperature or output power
- You absolutely must have a controller of some sort to use the BoilCoil, and the BoilCoil cannot be plugged directly into a wall receptacle
- Rated Voltage (VAC): 120v
- Recommended GFCI Breaker Size: 20 amps
- Power: 2250W
- Min Operation Water Volume: 3 gallons
- Each BoilCoil is engineered to perform optimally in your BoilerMaker G2 brew kettle for consistent heating performance, boil quality, and boil-off rates
- Removable custom engineered plug means cleaning is a snap - no dangling power cord tethered to your kettle
- Coil configuration hugs the wall of the kettle to encourage convective boil characteristics to drive off DMS and other volatiles and does not interfere with whirlpooling
- The 240V BoilCoil includes a "plug and play" 12 ft factory wired cable with a molded twist-lock L6-30P plug on one end, and our custom removable plug on the other end
- Less than Ultra low watt density means NO chance of scorching when used as directed
- Simple installation, requiring only two small 5/8" holes
- Blichmann will provide the mounting holes in your new BoilerMaker G2 kettle at the factory or you can install yourself
- Features a professional and reliable connection and sealing system engineered specifically for homebrew kettles
- Compatible with the HopBlocker kettle filter
- The BoilCoil will fit in most competitor kettles and even kegs
- The BoilCoil requires the use of a power control device capable of de-energizing the heater coil to safely operate
- Couple with Blichmann's new electric TOWER of POWER controller for the ultimate in temperature control
10 Gallon 120V BoilCoil Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 0 reviews)|| |
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.