A sample port is great for taking gravity samples or just trying out your brew as it ferments and ages. This FastFerment Sample Port includes a drill bit and detailed instructions for adding the sample port to your FastFerment. It's as easy as drilling out a hole in an appropriate spot on the body of the Fast Ferment and tightening the gasketed sampling port on! With this port, you will easily be able to take samples and measure gravity during fermentation to see when fermentation is complete.
- Sample Port
- Drill Bit
- Installation Instructions
Sampling Port Installation Instructions:
- Tape measure
- Sample port (provided)
- Drill bit (provided)
- Nut driver, ratchet, or hand drill with 1/4" socket size
- Measure and mark the hold location approximately 3" below the 1 liter mark. Do not drill into the parting line of the fermenter.
- Place the provided drill bit into the 1/4" socket and carefully drill into the plastic at your marked location.
- Keep drilling until the entire drill bit makes the largest hold that it can and the bit fits through the hole. Reach your other hand inside the fermenter to catch the bit so it does not fall into the fermenter and scratch the plastic.
- Clean the hole and fermenter of any plastic shavings.
- Press the provided sample port with one gasket into the hole and position the nozzle of the port at 3 o'clock. Tighten the other seal and the nut on the inside of the fermenter by hand as tight as you can.
- With one hand on the nut inside the fermenter to hold it in place, tighten the port clockwise 90 degrees so that the nozzle is pointing down. This will snug the gasket up tight against the plastic for a good seal.
- Test the fermenter for leaks. If there are leaks present, repeat from step 5 on and try a different starting position. Perhaps 2 o'clock or 4 o'clock. Keep in mind that over-tightening can deform the gasket and cause a leak.
FastFerment Sampling Port Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 0 reviews)|| |
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.