The FastFerment Insulated Jacket is an affordable system that allows you to create the ideal temperature for your brewing and wine making in FastFerment. In hot climates, add 2 liter bottles of ice to cool it down, switching them out every 2-5 days. In cold climates, simply add a heating pad. This jacket works with the FastFerment stand and wall mounts.
Details and Dimensions:
- Jacket has a sturdy nylon exterior
- Waterproof thermo plastic inside
- Dimensions: 20.5" diameter, 34" tall
How Does the Insulated Jacket Work?
- The insulated jacket works great up to a 30 degrees F drop below room temperature
- It is easy to control the desired temperature by using frozen 2-liter bottles as follows:
- One frozen 1-liter bottle will result in a 2.5 degree F drop below room temperature
- One frozen 2-liter bottle will result in a 5 degree F drop over below temperature
- Two frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 10 degree F drop below room temperature
- Three frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 15 degree F drop below room temperature
- This method is scalable all the way up to around a 30 degree F drop below room temperature
- A frozen 2-liter bottle typically does not thaw completely in 24 hours so it is easy to maintain a constant temperature drop
- The following graph highlights a lager fermented at 53 degrees F in a 68 degree F room
- For this test, 3 frozen 2-liter bottles were cycled every 24-36 hours
- FastFerments produced before August of 2015 contain brackets that are not strong enough to hold the additional weight of the insulated jacket and necessary ice. Please see photo and ensure your brackets are compatible with the FastFerment Insulated Jacket.
You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print PDF's. Click the link below to download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
Download Adobe Reader
Insulated Jacket Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 0 reviews)|| |
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.