California Brown Ale is the perfect year-round beer. Designed to satisfy the beer geek's desire to have it all, this style hangs its hat on the delightful balance between rich maltiness and tenacious hop presence. The malty backbone has notes of chocolate and caramelized sugar with a bit of roast character. And a healthy dose of American hop varieties give it some kick.
- 6.6 lb of Amber Liquid Malt Extract
- 2 oz of Crisp Roasted Barley
- 4 oz of Crisp Crystal 77L Malt
- 4 oz of Crisp Chocolate Malt
- 1 oz of Galena Hop Pellets for Bittering
- 1 oz of Liberty Hop Pellets for Flavor
- 1 oz of Willamette Hop Pellets for Aroma
- 11.5 g of Fermentis US-05 Ale Yeast
- 5 oz of Priming Sugar
- 55 Bottle Caps
- 1 Muslin Bag
- Yield: 5 gal
- Ready Time: 2-4 Weeks
- Difficulty: Easy
- OG: 1.050
- FG: 1.012
- Final ABV:- 5% ABV
- Bitterness: 85-95 IBU
- Color: Brown (25 SRM)
You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print PDF's. Click the link below to download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
Download Adobe Reader
California Brown Ale TrueBrew Ingredient Kit Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 0 reviews)|| |
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.