Saisons are traditional Belgian farmhouse ales that are refreshingly earthy, spicy, and peppery. Saison is French for "season" and this beer was originally the drink of seasonal farm workers, playing an integral role in the agricultural lifestyle.
TrueBrew's Saison recipe lives up to its name with a touch of wheat and an important Saison yeast strain. Do yourself a favor and ferment this beer a bit warmer than normal ales to bring out all the character and complexity of the yeast.
- 6.6 lb of Pilsen Light Liquid Malt Extract
- 1 lb of Wheat Dry Malt Extract
- 2 oz of East Kent Golding Hop Pellets for Bittering
- 1 oz of Czech Saaz Hop Pellets for Flavoring
- 1 oz of Czech Saaz Hop Pellets for Aroma
- 11.5 g of Lallemand Belle Saison Yeast
- 5 oz of Priming Sugar
- 55 Bottle Caps
- Yield: 5 gal
- Ready Time: 2-4 Weeks
- Difficulty: Easy
- OG: 1.058
- FG: 1.012
- Final ABV: 5.7% ABV
- Bitterness: 22-32 IBU
- Color: Gold (6 SRM)
You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print PDF's. Click the link below to download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
Download Adobe Reader
Saison TrueBrew Ingredient Kit Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 0 reviews)|| |