Allavino AWR157-2SR - 166 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Refrigerator
The all-new Allavino AWR157-2SR Dual-Zone Wine Cellar is an ideal unit to store the collection of any wine aficionado. It's black finish on the sides and top and stainless steel door frame offer a very modern look that will compliment any decor. The cool blue LED lighting can illuminate your collection for an attractive display or be left off for energy efficiency. Each of the 15 wood shelves glide out on ball-bearing tracks far enough to access the rear bottles, affording you easy access to your entire collection. The stainless steel fronts on the shelves match the stainless steel frame of the glass door to ensure a consistent appearance. The unit is front venting so it can be built-in with zero clearance but the finished sides also look great in a freestanding application.
The Soft Touch digital temperature display is mounted on the temperature zone divider inside the unit, keeping your controls protected from wandering hands. The control pad is locked to prevent unwanted tampering with the controls, but can be easily unlocked by holding the up and down arrows simultaneously until you hear a beep. Temperature can be displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit and can be set low enough for white wine or high enough for red wine.
The durably built wood shelves glide in and out smoothly and help with vibration dampening to avoid upsetting the sediment of your wine. The bottom two shelves hold 7 bottles each, the 12 middle shelves hold 11 bottles each and the upper shelf can either hold larger diameter bottles or hold 20 bottles by stacking two rows of standard size bottles. This allows for a maximum capacity of 166 standard size bottles which exceeds many competitors with similar exterior dimensions. The lower section will hold 80 bottles and the upper section can hold up to 86 bottles.
IMPORTANT: In order for this unit to function at optimum level, the lower compartment should be set at least 4 degrees (F) higher than the upper compartment
- Built-in wine cellar with up to 166 bottle capacity*
This bottle count is an estimate based on 3" diameter standard wine bottle.
- Top shelf - Up to 20 bottles with that diameter
- Middle 12 shelves - 11 bottles with that diameter
- Bottom 2 shelves - 7 bottles with that diameter
- Two independently controlled temperature zones
- Upper Zone: The temperature setting can be adjusted between 41°F to 60°F
- Lower Zone: The temperature setting can be adjusted between 45°F to 64°F
- Black Cabinet with Stainless Steel Frame glass door. Hinge is on the right. Door is not field reversible.
- Security Lock
- All black interior emulates the traditional wine cellar
- Roller-glide shelves extend effortlessly minimizing agitation to the wine
- Important Note: To reach the stated bottle capacity, the bottles must be the size of the bottle to the right. Larger bottles will decrease the bottle capacity.
- Blue LED lighting beautifully illuminates the interior without the heat created by an incandescent bulb. Easily set for continuous display
- Size: 74 5/8"H w/hinge x 23-5/8"W x 27 1/2"D (29" w/handle)
- Weight: 287 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year on Parts & Labor
- Ambient Temperature Range: 65-80°F (If the ambient temperature is above or below this range, the performance of the unit may be affected. For example, placing your unit in extreme cold or hot conditions may cause interior temperatures to fluctuate).
- Electrical Requirements - Plugs directly into a US 110 Volt outlet on a dedicated 15 AMP line.
This wine cellar has 12 shelves that can hold up to 11 bottles each, two shelves that can hold 7 bottles each, and the top shelf can either hold larger diameter bottles or hold 20 bottles by stacking two rows of standard size bottles for a maximum bottle capacity of 166 bottles. The maximum capacity is based on the standard Bordeaux size bottle. Your total bottle capacity may vary depending upon the size of the bottles in your collection. Refer to the information below for more specific information about how bottle sizes may affect your total bottle count.
We realize that there is no "standard" bottle size anymore. Here is a small sample of bottle size variations and how they can affect your overall bottle capacity. Each of these bottles are 2 3/4" at the base but have varying shoulders and overall heights.
- Bottle A is slightly taller than the average bottle at both the top and at the shoulder. This causes the top of the rear bottle on the rack to hit the shoulder of the front bottles on the rack so that the bottles do not settle into the grooves as well. We were able to remove one bottle from the back row, reducing the bottles per shelf to 10 and the overall capacity to 156, and still have the shelves operate smoothly.
- Bottle B is taller than the average bottle at both the top and the shoulder. This causes the top of the rear bottle on the rack to hit the shoulder of the front bottles on the rack and push them too far to either side to have bottles all the way across the front of the rack. We were able to fit 8 bottles on a shelf, with one bottle in front and another bottle in the back, then skipping a groove before adding another bottle in the front. With 8 bottles per shelf, it reduces the overall capacity to 126 bottles, if your entire collection were this size.
- Bottle C is the ideal bottle size. The bottles are just short enough that the neck of the back bottles fit between the shoulders of the front bottles without touching. This allows you to fit 11 bottles on the top 15 racks with a total capacity of 170 bottles.
- Bottle D also works well. It is 2 3/4" wide at the base, but 3 1/4" wide at the shoulder. The grooves are spaced enough that the shoulder will touch the bottle next to it, but the height still allows you to fit all 11 bottles on a shelf for the full 170 bottle capacity.
We understand that every collection is different, and we hope that providing this information will help you determine how your collection will work with this product.
|Depth||27 1/2"D (29" w/handle)|
|Unit Weight||287 lbs.|
|Compressor (Parts Only)||5 Year|
|Multiple / Dual Zone||Yes|
|Cabinet Color / Material||Black Metal|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Wine Bottle Count||Up to 166 Bottles|
|12-oz. Can Capacity||No|
|Compartments (Distinct Zones)||2|
|Number of Shelves||15|
|Glide-Out (Roller Assemblies)||Yes|
|Bottles per Shelf||Varies|
|Number of Doors||1|
|Color / Material||Stainless Steel frame|
|Accepts Custom Panel||No|
|Tinted / UV Protective||Yes|
|Electrical Requirements||115V / 60 Hz|
Allavino AWR157-2SR - 166 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Refrigerator Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 2 reviews)|
Staten Island, NY
|Comments:||I like the aesthetics of this wine unit. The unit arrived within a week which was great. My wife likes the way the unit looks and how easy the controls are. The look and feel of the shelves are nice and they roll out very smoothly. I do not have enough wine yet to test the bottle count yet.|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
|Happy with Investment|
|by:||J. Lancanster (02-08-2013)|
Fort Myers Beach, FL
|Comments:||This model was chosen to protect a recent purchase of wine from Napa Valley. I wanted a wine cellar that would match the contemporary design of my house. The unit arrived within 2 weeks. I like the look and feel of the digital controls. Due to my collection, I cannot hold the full 166 bottles. I am closer to the 145 range. The unit is quiet and looks great. The racking system is easy to use.|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.
Shipping rates apply for orders shipped to the contiguous 48 US states. For orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, APO/FPO addresses and international locations, please call 800.710.9939 for current rates. Sorry, we cannot ship items to a P.O. box.
|Right Hinge (AWR157-2SR)||$2124.99$1,699.99|
|Left Hinge (AWR157-2SL)||$1,499.99|
|Left Hinge with Angled Handle (AWR157-2SL-A)||$2124.99$1,699.99|
|Right Hinge with Angled Handle (AWR157-2SR-A)||$2124.99$1,699.99|
|Side by Side (2X-AWR157-2SS)||$2874.99$2,299.99|
Sale Price: $799.99
Allavino MWR-1682-BR-C 170 Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar Refrigerator - Black Cabinet with Black Door - Right Hinge
Sale Price: $1,649.99
Allavino CWR272D-2BS 97 Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar Refrigerator - Black Cabinet with Stainless Steel Door
Sale Price: $849.99
Allavino MWR-1681-SSL 170 Bottle Wine Cellar Refrigerator - Bottle Single-Zone Black Cabinet with Stainless Door - Left Hinge
Sale Price: $1,549.99