Allavino AWR168-1BR - 168 Bottle Wine Refrigerator - Black Cabinet and Door Frame
The all-new Allavino AWR168-1BR 168 Bottle Wine Cellar is an ideal unit to store the collection of any wine aficionado. It's black finished cabinet and door frame offer a very modern look that will compliment any decor. The cool blue LED lighting can illuminate your collection for an attractive display or be left off for energy efficiency. Each of the 16 wood shelves glide out on ball-bearing tracks far enough to access the rear bottles, affording you easy access to your entire collection. The unit is front venting so it can be built-in with zero clearance but the finished sides also look great in a freestanding application.
The Soft Touch digital temperature display features an easy to read cool blue LED readout. The control pad is locked to prevent unwanted tampering with the controls, but can be easily unlocked by holding the up and down arrows simultaneously until you hear a beep. Temperature can be displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit and can be set low enough for white wine or high enough for red wine.
The durably built wood shelves glide in and out smoothly and help with vibration dampening to avoid upsetting the sediment of your wine. The bottom two shelves hold 7 bottles each, while the upper 14 shelves hold 11 bottles each. This allows for a maximum capacity of 168 standard size bottles which exceeds many competitors with similar exterior dimensions.
- Built-in wine cellar with up to 168 bottle capacity*
This bottle count is an estimate based on 3" diameter standard wine bottle.
- Upper 14 shelves - 11 bottles with that diameter
- Bottom 2 shelves - 7 bottles with that diameter
- Operating Temperature Range: 45-65°F
- Black Cabinet and Framed glass door. Hinge is on the right. Door is not field reversible.
- Security Lock
- All black interior emulates the traditional wine cellar
- Roller-glide shelves extend effortlessly minimizing agitation to the wine
- Important Note: To reach the stated bottle capacity, the bottles must be the size of the bottle to the right. Larger bottles will decrease the bottle capacity.
- Blue LED lighting beautifully illuminates the interior without the heat created by an incandescent bulb. Easily set for continuous display
- Size: 74 5/8"H w/hinge x 23-5/8"W x 27 1/2"D (29" w/handle)
- Weight: 287 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year on Parts & Labor
- Ambient Temperature Range: 65-80°F (If the ambient temperature is above or below this range, the performance of the unit may be affected. For example, placing your unit in extreme cold or hot conditions may cause interior temperatures to fluctuate).
- Electrical Requirements - Plugs directly into a US 110 Volt outlet on a dedicated 15 AMP line.
This wine cellar has 14 shelves that can hold up to 11 bottles each and two shelves that can hold 7 bottles each for a maximum bottle capacity of 168 bottles. The maximum capacity is based on the standard Bordeaux size bottle. Your total bottle capacity may vary depending upon the size of the bottles in your collection. Refer to the information below for more specific information about how bottle sizes may affect your total bottle count.
We realize that there is no "standard" bottle size anymore. Here is a small sample of bottle size variations and how they can affect your overall bottle capacity. Each of these bottles are 2 3/4" at the base but have varying shoulders and overall heights.
- Bottle A is slightly taller than the average bottle at both the top and at the shoulder. This causes the top of the rear bottle on the rack to hit the shoulder of the front bottles on the rack so that the bottles do not settle into the grooves as well. We were able to remove one bottle from the back row, reducing the bottles per shelf to 10 and the overall capacity to 154, and still have the shelves operate smoothly.
- Bottle B is taller than the average bottle at both the top and the shoulder. This causes the top of the rear bottle on the rack to hit the shoulder of the front bottles on the rack and push them too far to either side to have bottles all the way across the front of the rack. We were able to fit 8 bottles on a shelf, with one bottle in front and another bottle in the back, then skipping a groove before adding another bottle in the front. With 8 bottles per shelf, it reduces the overall capacity to 126 bottles, if your entire collection were this size.
- Bottle C is the ideal bottle size. The bottles are just short enough that the neck of the back bottles fit between the shoulders of the front bottles without touching. This allows you to fit 11 bottles on the top 14 racks with a total capacity of 168 bottles.
- Bottle D also works well. It is 2 3/4" wide at the base, but 3 1/4" wide at the shoulder. The grooves are spaced enough that the shoulder will touch the bottle next to it, but the height still allows you to fit all 11 bottles on a shelf for the full 168 bottle capacity.
We understand that every collection is different, and we hope that providing this information will help you determine how your collection will work with this product.
|Depth||27 1/2" (29" w/handle)|
|Unit Weight||287 lbs|
|Compressor (Parts Only)||5 Years|
|Multiple / Dual Zone||No|
|Cabinet Color / Material||Black Metal|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Wine Bottle Count||Up to 168 Bottles|
|Compartments (Distinct Zones)||1|
|Number of Shelves||16|
|Glide-Out (Roller Assemblies)||Yes|
|Bottles per Shelf||Varies|
|Number of Doors||1|
|Color / Material||Black Metal|
|Door Handle||Towel Bar|
|Accepts Custom Panel||No|
|Tinted / UV Protective||Yes|
|Electrical Requirements||115V / 60 Hz|
Allavino AWR168-1BR - 168 Bottle Wine Refrigerator - Black Cabinet and Door Frame Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 2 reviews)|
|Fantastic and Finally!|
|Comments:||I saved for 2 years to get a wine fridge and was not disappointed! This unit is amazing. It looks good, both inside and out. My wine is perfectly chilled and holds exactly what they said if you use their size chart. My only complaint is I can't figure out how to get a drawer out. The Beverage Factory who sold this to me has fantastic customer service and I would definitely by from them again.|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
|by:||K Randolph (07-12-2013)|
|Comments:||We love, love, LOVE our new wine refrigerator! It looks beautiful and fits in our kitchen perfectly. It matches all our other stainless steel appliances. I especially love how the stainless kick plate on the bottom looks just like the one on our Sub-Zero fridge. When we first unboxed it and plugged it in, I got scared as we couldn't adjust the temperature. It was our excitement that made us look past the owners manual but once we did, we realized that we needed to hold down the up and down key at the same time under the word UNLOCK as the unit locks itself if the buttons are not pressed for 12 seconds. After we figured that out, we were in heaven with our wine's new home :)|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.
Shipping rates apply for orders shipped to the contiguous 48 US states. For orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, APO/FPO addresses and international locations, please call 800.710.9939 for current rates. Sorry, we cannot ship items to a P.O. box.
Allavino MWR-1212-BL-C 111 Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar Refrigerator - Black Cabinet and Door - Left Hinge
Sale Price: $899.99
Allavino YWR-2725SRT Vite Series 115 Bottle Single-Zone Wine Refrigerator - Stainless Door with Towel Bar Handle
Sale Price: $949.99
Sale Price: $1,099.99
Sale Price: $949.99