Breezaire WKCE 1060 Compact Wine Cellar Cooling Unit
The BREEZAIRE WKC / WKCE Series cooling units are a compact design with cold air discharge on the bottom, which makes them ideal to be installed in cabinets and credenzas. Because of their configuration the WKC / WKCE series cooling units are not rated for specified number of cubic feet. They are intended for cabinets and other constricted enclosures.
The WKCE Model has a digital electronic (Sentry III) thermostat that adds additional safety and convenience features:
- Large, easy to read, green LED display.
- Accurate, easy to adjust (no tools needed) readable set points with continuous reading of enclosure temperature or displaying of set point when changing enclosure temperatures.
- Power outage protection, which delays unit start up after power outages.
- Blocked airflow protection, which shuts down unit and protects wine in case of high temperatures caused by condenser blockage.
- Controls temperature by enclosure air sensors or optional bottle probe.
Please Note: Image shows unit with optional bottle probe. A bottle probe is needed if the unit is installed in a garage or venting into a warm area. Breezaire units are programmed to turn off based upon the temperature of the intake air. If the intake air is 75°F or warmer, a 45 minute timer is started. If the intake air is not cooler than 75°F after 45 minutes, the unit will then shut down until it is manually restarted. The bottle probe will prevent this.
- HUMIDITY & INSTALLATION: By the nature of their operation, wine cooling units will maintain a stable humidity level, lower than the relative ambient humidity. In situations where the ambient humidity is high, the cooling unit will lower the humidity to desirable storage levels. In situations where the ambient relative humidity is very low, the desired enclosure relative humidity may not be achieved without adding moisture. To add moisture to the enclosure only use slow, natural evaporation from a small porous water container. Do not use a humidifier.
- TEMPERATURE & INSTALLATION: These wine cellar cooling units are designed to cool 25 degrees less than the ambient temperature of the venting side of the unit. In some cases, improper placement or installation may cause the unit's performance to be degraded. The condensing unit must have a constant supply of fresh air, less than 85 degrees F. If the condensing unit is located in a confined area with poor ventilation, the unit will not be able to reject the heat it is removing from the enclosure and a malfunctioning unit will be suspected, even though the unit is mechanically sound. Call us to discuss your installation concerns.
- Adjustable Temperature
The ideal temperature for storing and aging wine is between 50° and 60° Fahrenheit. Each BREEZAIRE system includes an adjustable thermostat that makes it possible for the user to precisely control the conditions in the wine cellar. When initially bringing the temperature down to the desired level and in maintaining the target temperature, the system produces a gentle stream of cool air - never a blast of cold air that could subject the wine to abrupt temperature changes.
- Automatic Humidity Control
Humidity must be present in the wine cellar to prevent cork and label deterioration. The gentle cooling action of the BREEZAIRE system maintains the relative humidity in the 50% to 75% range, eliminating excess moisture but never allowing the air to become dry enough to create an undesirable condition. (Additional moisture may be required in extreme dry climates.)
- Vibration-Free Operation
All BREEZAIRE systems are engineered to be vibration free, hand assembled, and tested to ensure that they meet the most exacting standards. The elimination of vibration levels that may be undetectable to the owner results in wines that have greater clarity and brilliance.
- Ultra Quiet Operation
BREEZAIRE systems perform their task quietly and unobtrusively to preserve the atmosphere of isolation from the outside world that makes a visit to a wine cellar an unique experience.
- Attractive Metal Cabinet
An attractive metal cabinet that blends in with the décor of your cellar area and can be flush mounted to any wall.
- Ease of Installation
BREEZAIRE's most popular systems are completely self-contained modules that are simply mounted in a wall and connected to a standard 115V AC source. No plumbing, complicated wiring or special procedures including the on-site installation of refrigerant are required.
- Uncompromising Quality
All BREEZAIRE systems are designed to deliver superior performance. Constructed using only the highest quality components, and hand assembly by skilled craftsmen in BREEZAIRE's U.S. production facilities.
- Comprehensive Warranty Coverage
Owners enjoy the security of warranty coverage that reflects BREEZAIRE's high standards.
- Full Factory Support
Support in the form of expertise in system selection, enclosure design, and problem solving in the highly specialized area of creating and maintaining an ideal environment for delicate products.
|Enclosure Volume||Up to 140 Cu. Ft.|
|High Temperature Alarm||No|
|Digital Temperature Display||Yes|
|Electrical Requirements||115 V/60 Hz - 3 A|
Breezaire WKCE 1060 Compact Wine Cellar Cooling Unit Reviews
|Average Customer Rating:|
|(based on 2 reviews)|
|What a Breez...air|
|by:||The Winester (10-27-2013)|
Indian Wells, CA.
|Comments:||Fast Shipping, Good Sales support. The unit installed in my 360 bottle cabinet in less than 45 min. Replaced a 16 year old unit. Upgraded to the WKCE 2200 from the old 1060. Highly recommend the Bottle Probe, seems to keep the cycling more constant and I am in a very warm climate. I appreciate the Beverage Factory service and the Breezair quality.|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
|Comments:||I installed the Breezaire into my wine cooler. The original unit lasted 20 years. The old unit slid right out and the new one right back in. Easy to order, good sales and tech support.|
|Bottom Line:||I would recommend this product.|
All charges are based on a quantity of 1.
Click "Add to Cart" above to change quantities
and make actual ship method selection.