- This lid creates an airtight seal on the Kegco Wide Mouth Jars
- The design of this lid has a recessed area with a removable cap that allows you to install an airlock to release gasses during fermentation
- Includes a solid cap and a breather cap that works as an airlock when you fill the recessed area with sanitizer
- Features an adjustable dial that allows you to set the date that you begin fermentation
- Hole in the lid fits a drilled #3 rubber stopper so you can install your own air lock
This plastic lid creates an airtight seal on Kegco Wide Mouth Jars. It has a recessed area with a removable cap that allows you to install an airlock to release gasses during fermentation. When you install the included breather cap and fill the recessed area with sanitizer, it will bubble off gas without letting in oxygen or other contaminants. Nylon straps are also provided to make transportation of the glass container more safe and simple.
Install Your Own Air Lock
When using this jar as a fermenter, gas will be released from your brew. If the vessel were sealed airtight, the added gas could cause the jar to explode if not vented properly, but if there is not a good seal, your brew could be come oxidized. The removable cap on the lid allows you to install a drilled #3 rubber stopper with your own air lock so the gas can vent without allowing in oxygen.
Built-in Air Lock
The lid has a recessed area with a removable cap that can be replaced with a breather cap to use as an air lock. The breather cap allows gas to escape from the container during fermentation and having it in a recessed area allows you to fill it with sanitizer so that the released gas can bubble out, but harmful oxygen and impurities cannot get in and contaminate your brew.
Adjustable Dial To Set Brew Date
The lid features an adjustable dial that allows you to set the date that you begin fermentation, so if you have multiple batches going at the same time in different jars, it's easy to keep track of when each one started! Simply turn the inner dial to the month and the outer dial to the day. No more sticking a piece of tape on the side with a date scribbled on it!
Note - The breather cap is now clear plastic, not black plastic
No customer reviews available.