- This 1 oz bag of Challenger Hop Pellets are widely used for their aromatic properties but can also act as a bittering agent in your brew
- Challenger pellet hops are dual-purpose hops combining moderate amounts of alpha acids with a good kettle hop aroma
- Challenger Hops have a flavor and aroma that feature mild to moderately intense spice with elements of evergreen and ripe fruit.
- Great for a wide variety of beers including English-style ales, porters, stouts, ESBs, bitters, barleywines, and brown ales.
Challenger Hop Pellets can act as a standalone hop or be part of a blend. Challenger hops excel for boiler, hop back, and cask additions. A dual purpose hop combining moderate alpha acid levels with a good kettle hop aroma. The flavor and aroma feature mild to moderately intense spice with elements of evergreen and ripe fruit. As a dry hop, Challenger adds a bright, grassy character and blends well with earthy or floral varieties. A signature variety of the English brewing tradition, Challenger is a granddaughter of Northern Brewer with some Northdown in its lineage as well. It was released in 1972 by Wye College. Although it has limited acres elsewhere, most of this hops production remains in the UK. Right at home in any English ale formulation, it has also found application in some west coast-style American IPAs.
- 1 oz Bag
- Hop Type: Dual Purpose
- Alpha Acids: 6.5 - 9.0
- Beta Acids: 3.2 - 4.2 %
- Alpha-Beta Ratio: 1.5 - 2.8
- Cohumulone: 20 - 25 %
- Total Oil: 1.0 - 1.5 mis/100g
- Storage Temperature at 68° F: 70 - 85 %
- Common Styles: British-style Ale and Lager
- Similar Hop Substitutions: East Kent Goldings, Perle, Styrian Goldings
- Origin: UK
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.