- 10 lb. bag of Crisp Crystal Dark 77L, a medium-dark crystal malt
- Imparts a rich, caramel-sweet flavor with hints of raisin and burnt sugar
- Contributes a deep reddish-gold color
- Also adds body and improves head retention
- Suitable for use in all styles of beer, although careful usage is required for lighter beers
Crisp Crystal Dark 77L is a medium-dark crystal malt. It imparts a rich, caramel-sweet flavor with hints of raisin and burnt sugar. It contributes a deep reddish-gold color. Crystal malts also add body and improve head retention. Use wherever its characteristic affect is desired. It is suitable for use in all styles of beer. Careful usage is required for lighter beers.
Crystal malts are gently cooked during the malting process. Cooking initiates the enzymatic conversion of starches into fermentable sugars, and caramelizes some of the sugars as the malt reaches its final color. This eliminates the need to mash crystal malt, and ensures that some of the sugars will survive fermentation to sweeten the beer.
- Size: 10 lb
- Malt Type: Crystal/Caramel
- Grain Origin: United Kingdom
- Color: 72-82°Lovibond (190-217 EBC)
- Moisture: 3.5% max.
- Extract (dry): 72% min.
- Diastatic Power: 0 °Lintner
- Usage: 20% max.
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.