- This 1 lb bag of Weyermann CARAFA Type 3 is a light-roasted specialty malt made from high-quality spring barley
- Aromas typical of Weyermann CARAFA Type 3 are described as being espresso-like with notes of coffee and chocolate
- CARAFA Type 3 malt grain can be used in any dark lager or ale and produces opaque beer with a coffee-brown color
- Consider using Weyermann CARAFA Type 3 when malt-based bitterness is not desired
Weyermann CARAFA Type 3 is a light-roasted specialty malt made from high-quality spring barley. It's carefully roasted to add an espresso-like bouquet, coffee and chocolate flavors, and a mild but noticeable roasted aftertaste. It produces opaque beer with a coffee-brown color. Weyermann CARAFA Type 3 is similar to chocolate or black style roasted malts, and can be used in any dark lager or ale. Where malt-based bitterness is not desired, consider using Weyermann CARAFA Special Type 3. The de-husked version of CARAFA, produces rich color, body, flavor and aroma without the harsh flavors and astringency typical of dark-colored grains.
- Size: 1 lb
- Malt Type: Roasted
- Grain Origin: Germany
- Color: 488-563 °Lovibond (1300-1500 EBC)
- Moisture: 3.8% max.
- Extract (dry): 65% min.
- Usage: 5% max.
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.