- Straight lines, beautiful wood grains, and a provincial cherry finish give this cherry wood cabinet a timeless beauty
- Double-pane tinted glass windows provide protection from harmful UV rays
- An electronic thermostat and adjustable humidity control make it easy to maintain the ideal conditions
- Stores up to 172 bottles on all-wood Interlock racking that can accommodate large-format bottles
- Top-vent exhaust allows the back of the cabinet to be placed right up against the wall
Straight lines and beautiful wood grains combine to achieve the timeless beauty of fine arts & crafts furniture.
Designed by Berkeley Mills, an acclaimed Bay-area designer of high-quality artisan furniture, our Mission Series wine cabinets combine straight lines and beautiful wood grains to achieve the timeless beauty of fine arts & crafts furniture. The Mission 1400 is perfectly sized for beginning wine collectors, and features a window with engineered wood mullions, crown molding and hand-carved detailing. Engineered to create optimal storage conditions for protecting and preserving fine wine collections, the Mission 1400 provides digital temperature and adjustable humidity control while offering advanced protection from harmful UV rays and vibration inside the wine cabinet. Every wine cabinet from Le Cache features all-wood Interlock racking that will accommodate large-format bottles, such as Burgundy, Pinot Noir and many Champagne bottles. Premium wood veneer and choice of hand-stained finishes is included.
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Hardwood doors and ebony accents
- Crown molding and hand-carved wood trim
- Pewter pulls and security locks
- Double-pane tinted glass
- Engineered wood mullions
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro wine cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0 Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- LED interior light
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Power/Rating:115V AC / 60 Hz; 3 Amps (compressor) / Up to 3 amps (light receptacle)
- Ships within 3-5 days
- 172 Total (160 Racked) Bottle Capacity
160 racked bottle capacity, 12 bulk bottle capacity, 1.2 cubic feet of bulk storage.
Many manufacturers offer a RANGE of bottle capacities. Unfortunately, TOTAL bottle capacity is very different from RACKED bottle capacity. Make sure to find out how many bottles will be resting on racks versus how many bottles will be resting on other bottles. The distinction is important because bottles resting on bottles can break or get scratched, or labels can smudge or tear. Bottles on bottles also are much harder to access than racked bottles.
You'll find that Le Cache breaks out their racked, bulk and total bottle capacities individually. Each racked bottle rests directly on the wood rack. The bulk storage is located at the top of the rack, where long-term storage and extra-large bottles can be carefully stacked on top of each other.
- Universal Racking (3-3/4" Opening)
Fits most individual wine bottle sizes, including Burgundy and Champagne bottles.
Many manufacturers build racks that can handle standard wine bottles, but the racks won't handle a growing number of special wine bottle sizes, such as some imported wines, Champagne bottles, etc.
Le Cache racks are built to handle almost every size of individual bottle including Champagne bottles. Whereas standard racking typically measures 3-1/4 inches wide, Le Cache racking measures 3-3/4 inches wide throughout the cabinet.
- Interlock Cherry Wood Racking
Universal bottle capacity comprised of sealed cherry wood
Metal racks can scratch bottles and tear labels, and sometimes they can bend out of shape under the heavy weight of racked wine bottles. Try sliding a bottle in and out of a metal rack, then do the same in a wood rack. Which feels better to you?
Le Cache all-wood racking is constructed from premium cherry wood, finished and sealed, and features the tiniest attentions to detail, including eased edges, tapered ends, precision fit, hot-glue assembly and double-sealed finish.
- Premium Exterior: Cherry Wood Construction
Most manufacturers build their cabinets with oak wood, which has a strong and distinctive grain even after the "factory finish." The finish generally refers to the stain color which is applied to the wood. Make sure that you're happy with oak's grain and texture before you purchase your cabinet.
All Le Cache cabinets are constructed from premium cherry wood, including solid cherry wood doors. Le Cache offers a choice of three hand-stained finishes - Provincial, Classic or Chocolate - each created to highlight the beautiful grains of natural cherry wood. After staining, a clear-coat sealant is applied by hand - twice - to protect and enrich the wood finish.
- Premium Factory Finish (Choice of 2 Colors): Provincial or Classic
- Crown and Base Molding (Shipped in a Separate Box)
- Hand-Carved Wood Trim
- CellarPro Cooling System
Designed and built by the same people who bring you Le Cache, the ultra-quiet, vibration-free CellarPro includes upgraded components and new features, resulting in an advanced cooling system that outperforms the competition in every category. Each CellarPro cooling unit comes with an electronic thermostat and digital LED display, allowing you to precisely set the desired temperature inside your cabinet. In addition, the cooling system features automatic defrost to prevent ice build-up and adjustable humidity control that easily maintains the optimal humidity, up to 70% RH.
- CellarPro Features Powder-Coated Dark Grey Finish
Le Cache believes that wine bottles, not the cooling unit, should be featured in your cabinet. If you have glass windows on your doors and your cooling unit is painted a light color, make sure that you like what you see when the doors are closed.
Le Cache wine cabinets are sold with custom cooling units from CellarPro. Each unit is powder-coated grey so that it's "hidden" inside the cabinet when the doors are closed.
- Optional Cooling System Upgrade
The cooling system may be upgraded to the CellarPro 1800-XT, which offers extra cooling power with slightly more noise (approximately 10 dBA higher) and is designed for larger wine cabinets, warmer environments and/or commercial applications.
- Digital Display and Temperature Control
- SB/0 Technology and Top-Vent Exhaust - Zero Set Back from Wall
Many cooling systems require at least SIX INCHES of space between the wall and the cabinet in order for the cooling system to operate properly. Even with top-vent cooling systems, many cabinets require THREE INCHES of space between the wall and the cabinet.
Le Cache cabinets have been reengineered with SB/0 Technology so that, together with CellarPro's top-vent cooling system, the back of the cabinets can be placed right up against the wall.
- Clearance Requirements
Unlike the Contemporary and Storage Series wine cabinets, which require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet, the upright European Country Series wine cabinets require just 13 inches of clearance above the cabinet (the reason is that the additional height of the European Country series wine cabinets is due to molding, so additional clearance is not necessary).
- Foil-Backed Polyisocyanurate Insulation
- Low-Heat Interior Light
- Security Lock
- Shipping Dimensions
Le Cache European Country series wine cabinets are shipped with the Crown and Base molding in a separate box. Other than the moldings, the European Country wine cabinets have exactly the same dimensions as the Contemporary Series wine cabinets. (The height and width dimensions increase only after the moldings are added to the cabinet.) Therefore, when maneuvering the cabinet inside the house, you should use the (smaller) dimensions of the Contemporary Series cabinets to estimate whether the European Country Series cabinets will be able to reach its intended destination.
- Five-Year Limited Warranty
Le Cache stands behind their products, offering 5 years of coverage on the entire cooling system, including all labor and materials. If your cooling system stops functioning, Le Cache will send you a factory-refurbished replacement cooling system, and you can return your original cooling unit to them for repair AFTER you receive and replace the cooling system. That way, your wine won't go unprotected unneccesarily. Your cost is the freight to ship the the cooling system to and from the factory - Le Cache will take care of everything else.
- 2-Year Warranty on Entire Cabinet
For two years from the date of original delivery, your Le Cache warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any part of the product which proves to be defective in materials or workmanship.
REAR VENT MODIFICATION
In all Le Cache upright wine cabinets, the heat generated by the CellarPro cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet. Consequently, there must be sufficient clearance above the cabinet for the hot air to dissipate. For European Country Series wine cabinets, you'll need 13 inches of clearance above the cabinet. See the table below for minimum ceiling heights. With the proper overhead clearance, the wine cabinet can be placed flush against the wall behind it.
|European Country Series|
If you don't have the minimum required ceiling height above your wine cabinet, Le Cache can solve the problem by modifying the cabinet before it is shipped so that the air intake will come from behind (instead of above) the wine cabinet. Please note that, under this scenario, you will no longer be able to place the cabinet flush against the wall. Instead, the wine cabinet will need 3-4 inches of clearance from the wall behind and at least 8-9 inches from the ceiling above the wine cabinet.
In all cases, the space above and to the sides of the wine cabinet must be unobstructed - i.e., the sides and front of the wine cabinet must be open. In addition, the wine cabinet must be placed in a space that is properly ventilated. The cabinet cannot be placed in an alcove, closet or built-in space unless an exhaust system is installed to evacuate the hot air generated by the cooling unit. In addition, access to the top of the wine cabinet is necessary to allow for periodic cleaning of the coils.
|Net Weight||345 lbs.|
|Individual Bottle Racking||Yes|
|Multiple / Dual Zones||No|
|Zero Set Back From Wall||Yes|
|Parts and Labor||2 Years|
|Cooling System||5 Years|
|Total Bottle Count||172|
|Racked Bottle Capacity||160|
|Bulk Bottle Capacity||12|
|Type / Model||CellarPro 1800-QT|
|Temperature Display||3-Digit LED Readout|
|Material||Cherry Wood Veneer|
|Color / Finish||Provincial Cherry Finish|
|Type||Double-Paned Glass Door|
|Number of Doors||1|
|Color / Finish||Provincial Cherry Finish|
|Door Handles||Stainless Bar Pull|
- Inside delivery to ground floor of destination
- Unpacking and setup in your desired location
- Alignment of doors and adjustment of leveling feet
- Damage insurance coverage
All of our delivery quotes are for standard shipping. Additional charges not covered include:
- Delivery outside of the United States
- Location-specific extraordinary delivery conditions including:
- Stairs, over 100 ft distance from truck, or difficult access such as cul-de-sac
- 2 movers are provided for our 1400, 2400 and 3100 cabinets, and 4 men are provided for our 3800 and 5200 cabinets. If additional men are needed, this would result in an additional charge
- Site time longer than 30 minutes required to provide standard service
- Location requiring small-truck access
- Delivery appointments are scheduled with 24 hour telephone notice prior to delivery. If a customer requires a specific time slot or if a weekend delivery is required, additional charges may apply.
Be the first to ask a question.