- For cellars up to 2,500 cubic feet with the condensing unit located in an exterior environment
- Includes independent energy-efficient variable-speed EC fans and is significantly quieter
- Maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat
CellarPro engineered the AH8500Sx-ECX ducted cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 2,500 cubic feet with the condensing unit located in an exterior environment. The evaporator and the condensing unit each can be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 equivalent feet per duct.) As a split system, the evaporator can be separated from the condensing unit up to 100 feet, allowing the noise and heat from the condensing unit to be located away from interior living areas. The AH8500Sx-ECX includes independent energy-efficient variable-speed EC fans with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
7156 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F.
CellarPro's AH8500Sx-ECX ducted cooling units (1 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 2,500* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars. When ducted, this unit uses 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side, and exterior grills on the hot side.
This unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F. AH8500Sx units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands.
In the event that the condensing unit will be exposed to or pulling air that is below 40F, a Compressor Heater is included with this outdoor unit to protect the compressor. For installation of the condensing unit in environments below 20F down to -20F, a Fan Cycling Switch is required in addition to the Compressor Heater, and Electronic Configuration is required.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
Please Note: These units were not designed for, and the warranty does not cover damage from, marine exposure (within 5 miles of the ocean). In these environments, you will need an applied coating, such as Insitu®, to protect outdoor components against corrosion that is common in coastal regions.
These cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $300.77 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- CellarPro Air Handlers are engineered to be ducted with 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side (evaporator) allowing the equipment can be located away from the wine cellar so that space inside the cellar can be maximized for wine storage and racking.
- Split systems are designed to separate the evaporator from the condensing unit up to 100 feet.
- AH8500Sx-ECX condensing units can be placed outdoors, thereby separating the heat and noise from interior living spaces.
- The exterior Air Handler condensing unit includes an exterior housing for protection against the elements, and a compressor heater that provides protection in temperatures down to 20F.
- High-output EC fans provide more airflow and variable speed settings for your choice of cooling power.
- Optional integrated humidifier provides the ultimate control of moisture levels inside your cellar.
- Optional integrated heater provides heat for wine cellars that are exposed to temperatures below 55F.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through a 1/2" drain line that exits from a choice of knockouts in the evaporator.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Remote probe for the cellar (bottle probe) and duct adapters are included as standard equipment, and multiple knockouts and access points ensure easy installation.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve and Liquid Line Solenoid Valve (optional) ensure maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the external components for servicing and repair.
- Sight Glass and Liquid Line Filter/Drier are included for easy installation and maintenance.
- Oversized Receiver allows for long line sets up to 100 equivalent feet and up to 30 vertical feet.
- Auto-reset high-pressure switch protects the system by interrupting power to the compressor when system pressure is too high.
- Evaporator and Condensing Unit are factory-pressurized and shipped with dry nitrogen to ensure leak-free installation.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
|Rated Capacity||2,500 Cu. Ft.|
|Parts||2 Year / 5 Year Compressor|
|Digital Temperature Display||Yes|
|Defrost System||Auto-Defrost Cycle|
|Certification||ETL (UL Standards)|
|Condenser (Split Systems)|
|Electrical Requirements||115V AC / 60 Hz|
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.