BSG Flaked Oats - 1lb BagModel: 3205A
- This 1lb bag of oat flakes has been specifically made for brewing
- Flaked oats will add a sticky texture and better head retention to any beer you make
- Naturally occurring enzymes in the barley malt make the starches readily soluble and digestible
- Oat flakes hydrate and disintegrate quickly
Pre-gelatinized oat flakes are ideal for brewing. The gelatinizing process allows the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt to make the starches readily soluble and digestible. This allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains. Due to the flakes having a large surface area and being pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time is normal. Oat flakes have been dehulled before being cooked and flaked. Although these flakes are readily attacked by the malt enzymes, yield will be slightly lower than with other pregelatinized flakes. Oat flakes contain a very distinct "sticky" mouth-feel, noticeable even when used in small amounts.
- 1 lb Bag
- 0 Lovibond
- Use as up to 30% of total grist
WARNING: This product has Brass components. Brass alloys are known to contain trace amounts of Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Be the first to ask a question.
No customer reviews available.