BSG Flaked Rye - 1lb BagModel: 3212A
$6.12SAVE 30% - $1.84
- This 1lb bag of rye flakes have been produced specifically for brewing
- These rye flakes are made from a choice rye and contribute a very clean, distinctive rye flavor.
- The naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt helps make the starches readily soluble and digestible
- Rye flakes are able to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains
- Rye flakes lend a dry, crisp character and strong rye flavor
Pregelatinized rye flakes are ideal for brewing. These rye flakes are made from a choice rye and they contribute a very clean, distinctive rye flavor. The process of gelatinizing makes the starches readily soluble and digestible by the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt. This process allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains. Because flakes have a large surface area and are pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time will be normal.
- 1 lb Bag
- 0.3 Lovibond
- Use as up to 40% as a cereal adjunct in the total grist
- recommended to start at 5-10% and increase in 5% increments
WARNING: This product has Brass components. Brass alloys are known to contain trace amounts of Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Be the first to ask a question.
No customer reviews available.