BSG Flaked Barley - 1lb BagModel: 3221A
$6.33SAVE 30% - $1.90
IN STOCK (usually ships within 24 hours)
- This 1lb bag of pregelatinized barley flakes are produced specifically for brewing
- Flaked Barley produces lighter color in the final beer without lowering final gravity
- Unmalted barley flakes offer a grainy taste and significantly increased head retention, creaminess, and body
- Flakes are able to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains
Pregelatinized barley flakes are ideal for brewing. Barley Flakes are used as an adjunct in all-grain brews to produce a lighter colored finished beer without lowering the original gravity. Flaked barley adds protein for body and head retention. The process of gelatinizing makes the starches readily soluble and digestible by the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt. This process allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains. Because the flakes have a large surface area and are pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time will be normal.
- 1 lb Bag
- 0 Lovibond
- Use as up to 20% as a cereal adjunct in the total grist
WARNING: This product has Brass components. Brass alloys are known to contain trace amounts of Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Be the first to ask a question.
No customer reviews available.