- This 1 lb bag of rice hulls acts as a filtering aid that help improve the speed of lautering
- A natural, easy way to help prevent a stuck mash
- Rice hulls may be used in any all-grain batch and should definitely be used when mashing large amounts of flaked adjuncts or wheat malt
- Rice hulls do not impart any flavor, color, body, or gravity to the finished beer
Rice hulls are a filtering aid that help improve the speed of lautering. They do not impart any flavor to the finished beer and they also help to avoid a stuck mash. Rice hulls are particularly effective when brewing high gravity beers with a large grain bill, specifically beers made with a high percentage of specialty malts. Rice hulls are also helpful with grains that do not have husks, such as wheat and rye beers. Because rice hulls act as an effective filter bed they should definitely be used when mashing large amounts of flaked adjuncts or wheat malt.
- 1 lb Bag
- Rice hull usage should not exceed 10% of the grain bill
- Typical dosage is 1/2 lb in a 5 gallon batch
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.