- This 10 lb bag of Weyermann Munich Type 1 malt grain is a kilned lager-style malt
- Aromas typical of Weyermann Munich Type 1 are described as being strong and malty with notes of bread, light caramel, and honey
- Munich Type 1 grain malt has a high enzyme content and can constitute up to 100% of the grist
- Weyermann Munich Type 1 has a full body, amber color, and smooth mouth-feel
- Munich malt is typically used in dark lagers and ales especially Munich-style lagers
Weyermann Munich Type 1 malt is a kilned lager-style malt made from quality, two-row, German spring barley. Usually used a specialty malt, it has a high enzyme content despite its color, and can constitute up to 100% of the grist. It produces robust malt characteristics, including full body, amber color, and smooth mouthfeel. The flavor is strongly malty and the rich aroma has notes of light caramel, honey, and bread. Munich malt is typically used in dark lagers and ales, especially Munich-style lagers, various bock styles, and German festival beers like Märzenbier, Festbier, and Oktoberfest.
- Size: 10 lb
- Malt Type: Specialty
- Grain Origin: Germany
- Color: 5.1 - 7 °Lovibond (12-18 EBC)
- Moisture: 4.5% max.
- Extract (dry): 78% min.
- Usage: 100% max.
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.