- This 55 lb bag of Weyermann Dark Wheat grain is a gently kilned malt made from high-quality German wheat
- Aromas of Weyermann Dark Wheat grain are described as being robust and malty-sweet with notes of bread, biscuit, toffee, and caramel
- Weyermann Dark Wheat malts are high in protein and can also improve head formation and retention
- Weyermann Dark Wheat grain malt performs especially well in top-fermented beers
- Dark wheat malts have a somewhat drier, more complex character than pale wheat malts
Weyermann Dark Wheat is a gently kilned malt made from high-quality German wheat. It contributes a mild golden color to wort and a robust malty-sweet flavor with notes of bread, biscuit, toffee, and caramel. Wheat malts are high in protein, which helps produce fuller-bodied beers. Wheat malt can also improve head formation and retention, depending upon the other grist constituents. In top-fermented beers, Weyermann Dark Wheat malt performs especially well, adding creaminess, body, and complex wheat flavors. Weyermann Dark Wheat malt has a somewhat drier, more complex character than pale wheat malts. It's the signature malt for Bavarian Dunkelweizen, and perfect for Weizenbocks, Kölsch, and Altbiers.
- Size: 55 lb
- Malt Type: Specialty
- Grain Origin: Germany
- Color: 6.2-8.1 °Lovibond (15-20 EBC)
- Protein: 10.5 - 14.0%
- Moisture: 5% max.
- Extract (dry): 81% min.
- Diastatic Power Usage: 100% max.
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.