- This 55 lb bag of Weyermann Munich Type 2 malt grain is a kilned lager-style malt
- Aromas typical of Weyermann Munich Type 2 are described as being strong and malty with notes of bread, light caramel, and honey
- Munich Type 2 grain malt has a high enzyme content and can constitute up to 100% of the grist
- Weyermann Munich Type 2 has a full body, amber color, and smooth mouth-feel
- Munich malt is typically used in dark lagers and ales especially Munich-style lagers
Weyermann Munich Type 2 malt, or dark munich, is a kilned lager-style malt made from quality, two-row, German spring barley. Usually used a specialty malt, it has a high enzyme content despite its color, and can constitute up to 100% of the grist. It produces robust malt characteristics, including full body, deep amber color, and smooth mouth-feel. The flavor is strongly malty and the rich aroma has notes of caramel, honey, and bread. Munich malt is typically used in dark lagers and ales, especially Munich-style lagers, various bock styles, and German festival beers like Märzenbier, Festbier, and Oktoberfest.
- Size: 55 lb
- Malt Type: Specialty
- Grain Origin: Germany
- Color: 8-9.9 °Lovibond (20-25 EBC)
- Protein: 9.5 - 12.5%
- Moisture: 4.0% max.
- Extract (dry): 78% min.
- Diastatic Power Usage: 100% max.
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.