- This 55 lb bag of Weyermann Melanoidin grain is a kilned specialty malt with unique brewing characteristic
- Aromas of Weyermann Melanoidin grain are generally described as being strong with notes of honey and biscuit
- Weyermann Melanoidin malt will add red coloring and intensify the malt character of your beer
- Used in a wide range of styles including Dark lagers, Scottish Ales, and Amber ales
Weyermann Melanoidin grain is a kilned specialty malt with an intense malt aroma and unique brewing characteristics. It has a high degree of modification of both proteins and starches, excellent friability, low-glucan values, and high acidity. These attributes help promote flavor stability, add body, and produce a smooth mouth-feel. Weyermann Melanoidin malt adds a deep amber to red-brown color to finished beer. The rich malt flavor has notes of honey and biscuit. Melanoidin malt is best used in dark or red-colored beers such as amber ales, scottish ales, Irish red ales, bocks, and Kellerbier.
- Size: 55 lb
- Malt Type: Specialty
- Grain Origin: Germany
- Color: 23-31 °Lovibond (60-80 EBC)
- Moisture: 4.5% max.
- Extract (dry): 75% min.
- Usage: 20% max.
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.