- A unique emulsion of dimethylpolysiloxane that prevents foam formation during fermentation
- Extremely effective in reducing foam production
- Increases fermentation capacity and improves alpha-acid and CO2 recovery
- Completely adsorbs onto the yeast, vessel walls, and filter media
- Add two drops per gallon at start of fermentation, Good for about 50 batches of beer
Kerry FermCap® S is a unique emulsion of dimethylpolysiloxane that prevents foam formation during fermentation. It is extremely effective in reducing foam production during the hot-break portion of the boil, and it reduces the amount of krausen developed during fermentation. Foam control and reduced foaming increases fermentation capacity, improves alpha-acid and CO2 recovery, and helps prevent messes and hazes due to collapse foam. This FermCap can settle-out your beer before bottling or kegging as it completely adsorbs onto the yeast, vessel walls, and filter media.
Please Note: FermCap® S should be stored below 85°F, but should not be allowed to freeze.
Recommended Usage: Shake vigorously before use. Mix 2-3 drops per gallon into wort when it is transferred into the fermentation vessel. If not added before pitching yeast, FermCap® should be applied carefully to avoid mixing with the yeast. Higher rates of use or additional doses may be called for if the wort contains large amounts of trub (solids), if the wort is highly viscous, if the fermenting vessel is tall and narrow, if the fermentation temperature is high, or if foam is plentiful or robust for any other reason.
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.