- This 1 oz bag of Summit hop pellets has exceptional alpha acid levels and a high oil content
- Aromas in Summit hop pellets include a funky, earthy character with notes of orange and tangerine
- Summit hop pellets are used primarily for bittering but have been employed for dry-hopping
- Summit pallet hops are a great late addition hop
- Perfect for American Ales like IPAs, DIPAs, and Pale Ales
The peak of high-alpha varieties, Summit has exceptional alpha acid levels and a high oil content. It has a strong grapefruit aroma with notes of orange and tangerine. Used primarily for bittering, it has been employed for dry-hopping with some success. Summit was developed through a cross pollination of Lexus and an unspecified male and was derived from numerous plants. Summit hops were bred by the American Dwarf Hop Association in the United States, released in 2003.
- 1 oz Bag
- Hop Type: Bittering
- Alpha Acids: 16.0 - 19.0
- Beta Acids: 3.3 - 6.0 %
- Alpha-Beta Ratio: 2.67 - 5.76
- Cohumulone: 26 - 33 %
- Total Oil: 1.5 - 2.5 mis/100g
- Storage Temperature at 68° F: 85 %
- Common Styles: IPAs, Imperial IPAs
- Similar Hop Substitutions: Simcoe, Columbus, Warrior, Millenium
- Origin: United States
No customer reviews available.
Be the first to ask a question.