BSG Motueka Hop Pellets - 1 oz BagModel: MOTP1Z
- This 1 oz bag of Motueka Hop Pellets offers a unique aroma and flavor making it suitable for producing bigger more traditional style Lagers
- Aromas of Motueka pellet hops are described as having a strong malt body and lemon, lime, and tropical fruit characteristics
- Motueka Hop Pellets were bred to create novel aroma hops that impart unique flavors to beer
- More recently, Motueka is used in American, English and continental styles including IPA.
Motueka Pellet Hops are the result of a breeding program aimed at creating novel aroma hops that impart unique flavors to beer. The moderate alpha acid levels make it suitable for a wide range of applications, and it produces excellent results when employed in multiple additions. It offers a balanced bitterness that integrates well with high gravity brews and nicely compliments strong malt characteristics like sweetness and body. Against a background character reminiscent of its Saazer parent, Motueka offers vivacious notes of lemon, lime, and tropical fruits. While typically used in traditional pilsners and Belgian ales, Motueka is gaining popularity in the American craft brewing scene. It's now being used in an increasingly wide range of American, English and continental styles, including, of course, the IPA.Statistics:
- 1 oz Bag
- Hop Type: Aroma
- Alpha Acids: 6.5 - 8.5
- Beta Acids: 5.0 - 5.5 %
- Alpha-Beta Ratio: 1.18 - 1.70
- Cohumulone: 29 %
- Total Oil: 0.8 mis/100g
- Common Styles: Continental Lager Styles, Belgian Ales
- Similar Hop Substitutions: Saaz
- Origin: New Zealand
Be the first to ask a question.
No customer reviews available.